The Media Assistant is an entry-level position that provides the foundational learning necessary to become an integrated media planner at the agency. This individual works closely with the strategy team to facilitate media research and analysis, develop media recommendations, create client presentation materials, and service client accounts. This position requires a working knowledge of the media discipline of advertising and an aptitude for working with numbers.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Working with vendors to obtain pricing information and client-specific proposals
- Developing media planning spreadsheets that summarize all available media options, corresponding pricing, availability, etc. for consideration in plan development
- Reviewing secondary research to help inform target audience, geography, media channel selection, etc., as well as monitoring competitive activity within assigned client categories
- Creating and maintaining media flowcharts that reflect flighting, delivery, and spend, along with corresponding budget sheets and mechanical spec sheets
- Entering print, outdoor, place-based, and digital buy details into internal platforms
- Monitoring paid media schedules to ensure activity appears in-market as ordered
- Facilitating the implementation of added value elements negotiated with paid media schedules
- Acting as a billing liaison for the account team, collecting and distributing vendor invoices and validating that billed amounts match media orders
The ideal candidate will have a passion for advertising and a tenacious drive to succeed. Strong written and verbal communication skills are needed to be successful in this role, as are exceptional organizational skills. Candidates should be adaptable to working independently or in a team structure. Relevant internship or related full-time experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in advertising, marketing, communications, or a related field
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Effective time management skills with capacity to handle multiple tasks
- Desire to excel in a demanding, evolving agency culture that is fast-paced, dynamic, and fun
If interested, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject line: “Media Assistant Application.”
If interested in any open positions, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com indicating the position in the subject line.