The iAd Workbench is a self-serve tool similar to Google’s AdWords Editor, allowing advertisers to create, price, and target their mobile ad campaigns. In addition to banner ads, the Workbench is to offer short videos within ads- a feature which was previously only available to big brands. While previous iAds drove to the iTunes store to promote an app download, now advertisers will be able to promote a video or website.
Apple highlights five key offerings of their expanded iAd Workbench offering:
- Create mobile ad campaigns that appear on iOS devices to promote your product, reaching just the right audience.
- In just a few steps, you select your target audience, set your budget, and build an ad with a customized ad banner. Users of iOS devices then tap the banner to watch your video, visit your website, or download your app or other iTunes Store content without leaving the app they’re currently using.
- Create and run ads in the user’s local language in up to 14 iAd-supported countries.
- In this biddable marketplace, you define the amount you pay based on your cost-per-click (CPC) bid or cost per thousand (CPM) bid, and you’re charged only for the results you receive.
- View, analyze, and optimize the performance of your campaigns at any time from the iAd Workbench Dashboard.
Interested marketers may learn more from Apple’s Getting Started With iAd Workbenchpage.