Advertising Operations Assistant
The Advertising Operations (Ad Ops) Assistant is an entry-level position that provides the learning required to become a specialist in the areas of programmatic trading, search engine marketing, and paid social media. This individual will facilitate campaign implementation by creating, trafficking, monitoring, and troubleshooting digital advertising tactics across a portfolio of platforms, including but not limited to a third-party ad server (Sizmek), Google Ads, Microsoft Advertising, and Facebook Business Manager.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with the planning team to review campaign objectives and prepare estimates, assisting in the identification and qualification of digital media vendors for client strategies
- Working with publishers to gain acceptance/approval of client campaigns
- Coordinating the trafficking of digital media creative assets between agencies, publishers, and technology providers in the areas of display, video, audio, email, etc.
- Generating and trafficking campaign tracking tags to publishers for digital placements
- Interfacing with account leads to assure all landing and confirmation pages are properly tagged
- Prior to any campaign launch, assisting in QA process and assuring all tags are working properly
- Working with the analytics team in monitoring digital campaign activity to ensure delivery and identify potential optimization opportunities
- Troubleshooting any issues that arise, including ad serving errors and reporting discrepancies
- SEM campaign set-up, monitoring, and optimization (in conjunction with specialist)
- Paid Social campaign set-up, monitoring, and optimization (in conjunction with specialist)
The ideal candidate will have an active interest in the digital advertising landscape, pay meticulous attention to detail, and be willing to learn from real-time analytics, as well as have the ability to work independently or in a team setting. Relevant internship or related full-time experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in advertising, marketing, communications, or a related field
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Experience with third party ad serving platforms, DSPs, DMPs, the Google product suite (Tag Manager, Analytics, Ads), and/or Facebook Business Manager is a definite plus
- Self-motivated with exceptional organizational skills and ability to work with minimal supervision to initiate, troubleshoot, and complete assignments
- Effective time management skills with capacity to multi-task and prioritize projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Desire to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative agency environment
If interested, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject line: “Advertising Operations Assistant Application.”