Manager, Business Development
The Manager, Business Development is responsible for coordination of all new business activity, participating in the planning, implementation, and follow-up of such activity. More specifically, this individual identifies and communicates with prospective new clients, develops and prioritizes opportunities for future partnership, and maintains relationships with previously established partners.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Helping define goals for business development and a new business strategy tailored to meet the evolving needs of the agency
- Assist in recommending, establishing, and being accountable for implementation of strategic and/or tactical new business marketing plan designed to achieve agency goals
- Researching and analyzing new business and industry specific trends for target verticals
- Developing and maintaining a client and prospect database
- Initiating and managing effective relationships with developed leads on a continuous basis
- Making recommendations for new business processes and workflow to key agency stakeholders
- Working collaboratively with internal teams on development of basic agency marketing materials and any new or special materials needed for new business opportunities
- Organizing and maintaining a central depository of all new business and general materials, i.e. capabilities deck, case studies, staff bios, photos, etc., keeping all materials up to date
- Managing multiple new business engagements at any given time
- Leading internal meetings and providing regular status reports on new business activity
- Acting as an ambassador for MSM at local industry events and periodically attending trade shows and new business seminars/conferences
The ideal candidate will possess strong communication skills and will be detail-oriented and highly organized to keep internal teams aligned. This individual will be responsible for fostering innovation and bringing a creative approach to new business activity. Strong presentation skills with the ability to present confidently and with conviction, whether in a formal setting or in daily interactions, are critical to successfully fulfilling the responsibilities of this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 5 years of experience in marketing and new business development, preferably within an advertising agency setting
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of products, as well as database/CRM software
- Possess a sound work ethic and strong problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop optimal relationships
- A high degree of self-motivation with desire to excel in a demanding, evolving agency culture that is fast-paced, dynamic, and fun
If interested, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the following subject line: “Manager, Business Development Application."