Reports To: Managing Director
Position Summary: The Controller supervises the day to day activities in the accounting department, insures that sound and reliable accounting practices are adhered to and is responsible for preparing and distributing timely and accurate financial information to the management team.
- Prepares and distributes monthly financial information to management.
- Insures that billings, payments, and payroll are current and accurately compiled.
- Reviews expense reports and the voucher register for propriety and to ensure proper account coding.
- Balances all agency bank accounts.
- Monitors relations, credit research, collection problems, negotiations, etc.
- Maintains corporate records, including minutes, leases, contracts, etc.
- Participates, as required, in account servicing areas (budgets and presentations).
- Looks for better ways to service the financial area in planning for future needs (i.e. the computer, revised systems, relations between finance and various other corporate functions).
- Revises budgets and forecasts to insure the best possible information for decision making.
- Controls all capital assets.
- Performs the accounting for corporate investments and affiliated business entities.
- Must be an industry leader with highly visible profile with 5-7 years of experience within an advertising agency setting.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to foster optimal relationships (Excellent communication skills, both written and oral).
- Strong problem solving skills, and detail oriented.
- Intermediate knowledge of Advantage Accounting software
- Fundamentals of Advertising
- Legal Side of Advertising
- LLC Tax Training
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Finance
If interested, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject line: “Controller, Application.”